Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Just this thought that has been running through my head today...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why is it that people who mistreat others, who tell mis-truths and gossip and spread stories; are the ones that seem to get the most positive recognition from others? I can't understand why that is.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Laurina:
    Why is it that people who mistreat others, who tell mis-truths and gossip and spread stories; are the ones that seem to get the most positive recognition from others? I can't understand why that is.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I don't know, Laurie. [img]frown.gif[/img] I used to believe that the truth will always come out, but lately....... *shakes head sadly* I just don't know the answer to that anymore.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know, Laurie. [img]frown.gif[/img] I used to believe that the truth will always come out, but lately....... *shakes head sadly* I just don't know the answer to that anymore.[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    It shouldn't matter, should it? I mean, I know what kind of person I am... what kind of friend I am; and the fact that someone else went from calling me friend to calling me enemy when I know I did nothing... *sigh* why does it bother me when I know the truth?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Laurina:
    It shouldn't matter, should it? I mean, I know what kind of person I am... what kind of friend I am; and the fact that someone else went from calling me friend to calling me enemy when I know I did nothing... *sigh* why does it bother me when I know the truth?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    I think it matters for two reasons. One, the truth always matters.

    But, two, you're human and have very normal feelings. SO of course, what others say about you will impact on some level. That's only normal and expected. I think it was on the bbs where people had a discussion about how no matter what you know as the truth, other people's words DO strike and can hurt. I'm probably not saying that well....... sorry. I think what I'm trying to say is that we internalize and feel what is said about us and to us. That's only normal.

    All I can say is that, yeah, I know what kind of person that I am too -- both good and bad. But I also know that after a time, I started wondering if maybe the haters weren't right and I started taking what was said to heart. And when it's someone that you thought was a friend, it's even harder. So completely I understand how you feel. *hugs*

  5. #5
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Laurina:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know, Laurie. [img]frown.gif[/img] I used to believe that the truth will always come out, but lately....... *shakes head sadly* I just don't know the answer to that anymore.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    It shouldn't matter, should it? I mean, I know what kind of person I am... what kind of friend I am; and the fact that someone else went from calling me friend to calling me enemy when I know I did nothing... *sigh* why does it bother me when I know the truth?[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I think it matters so much Laurie, because the ppl you call your friends are supposed to know you and you expect them to know you wouldn't do/say what they're accusing you of. It hurts to justify what you haven't done because they don't have enough trust/faith in you! Well that's how I felt when totally betrayed by one "friend" earlier this year [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I hope that makes sense.

    Hugs to you [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

    I think it matters so much Laurie, because the ppl you call your friends are supposed to know you and you expect them to know you wouldn't do/say what they're accusing you of. It hurts to justify what you haven't done because they don't have enough trust/faith in you! Well that's how I felt when totally betrayed by one "friend" earlier this year [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I hope that makes sense.

    Hugs to you [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    You are making total sense Barb.

    Sad thing... I never did/said anything... except to make a decision that I felt was wise for me. Remember the story I told you awhile back Barb? The one you reminded me about not that long ago? Getting too involved and forgetting what all of this is all about? (being a fan of Darren and the music that touches my heart?) Well, I made that decision, to get back to that and it was at the cost of loosing a friend.

    For awhile I thought about it often, and cried alot, but I stuck to my guns anyway because I wanted to have fun again [img]smile.gif[/img] And then I let it all fade away and although every once in awhile I thought about it, I didn't feel sad.. more sorry for that person for not being open to hearing my personal story. Something today came up and it just hit me again and I was just feeing like "what the hell is wrong with people?" you know?

    I'm so sorry that you were betrayed by a close friend Barb [img]frown.gif[/img] That is one of the most hurtful things that can happen to a person, in my opinion.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it matters for two reasons. One, the truth always matters.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Isn't that the truth. You're right... it matters very very much.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But, two, you're human and have very normal feelings. SO of course, what others say about you will impact on some level. That's only normal and expected. I think it was on the bbs where people had a discussion about how no matter what you know as the truth, other people's words DO strike and can hurt. I'm probably not saying that well....... sorry. I think what I'm trying to say is that we internalize and feel what is said about us and to us. That's only normal.

    All I can say is that, yeah, I know what kind of person that I am too -- both good and bad. But I also know that after a time, I started wondering if maybe the haters weren't right and I started taking what was said to heart. And when it's someone that you thought was a friend, it's even harder. So completely I understand how you feel. *hugs*[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    That is the danger isn't it? Hearing things and then wondering... are they right? Did I really do that?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sunhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2002
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    imp of the peverse? LOL

    People are just weird Laurie, unaccountably bizarre and often inexcusably cruel and petty *sigh* *comfs* :/

  9. #9
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know what this all about but I am so sorry that you've been hurt by someone Laurie [img]frown.gif[/img] *comfs* Laurie

    To be betrayed by someone you thought was a close friend is the worst feeling in the world but as you rightfully say, truth is the most important thing. You also have to be true to yourself otherwise you can't respect yourself.

    [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sunhawk:
    imp of the peverse? LOL

    People are just weird Laurie, unaccountably bizarre and often inexcusably cruel and petty *sigh* *comfs* :/
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Very true Steen *nods*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •